Notice of Election
UK Parliamentary Election for the
- An Election is to be held of One Member of Parliament for the Totnes Constituency.
- Forms of nomination for the Parliamentary Election may be obtained at Follaton House, Plymouth Road, Totnes, Devon, TQ9 5NE from the Acting Returning Officer who will, at the request of an elector for any electoral area, prepare a nomination paper for signature.
- Nomination papers must be delivered to the Acting Returning Officer, Election Office, Follaton House, Plymouth Road, Totnes, Devon, TQ9 5NE on any day after the date of this notice (excluding Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays) between the hours of 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. but no later than 4 p.m. on Thursday 14 November 2019.
- At the same time as delivering the nomination paper candidates must also supply a £500 deposit which must be made either by the deposit of cash (legal tender) or by means of a United Kingdom banker’s draft.
- If the election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday, 12 December 2019 between the hours of 7 a.m. and 10 p.m.
- Applications to vote by post, or to change or cancel an existing postal vote, proxy appointment or postal proxy arrangement must be received by the appropriate Electoral Registration Officer not later than 5 p.m. on Tuesday, 26 November 2019.
- Applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the appropriate Electoral Registration Officer by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, 4 December 2019.
- Applications to vote by proxy at this election applied for on grounds of physical incapacity, where that physical incapacity occurs after 5 p.m. on Wednesday, 4 December or on grounds of occupation, service or employment, where the elector becomes aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5pm on Wednesday 4 December 2019, must reach the appropriate Electoral Registration Officer by 5 p.m. on Thursday, 12 December 2019.
- Applications to be included on the Register of Electors can be made online at www.gov.uk/register–to–vote or complete a form available from the council offices. The deadline for applications to be received is Tuesday 26 November 2019.
|Electoral Registration Officer||Address|
|South Hams Local Authority Area||Follaton House, Plymouth Road, Totnes, TQ9 5NE|
|Torbay Local Authority Area||Town Hall, Castle Circus, Torquay TQ1 3DR|
Dated: Thursday 7 November 2019
Acting Returning Officer